Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
-Major in Marketing Management
AACCUP Level II Re-Accredited
MARIDITH KRISTINE C. CASTILLO, MBA
Welcome to BSBA Department
What comes to your mind when you encounter the word “business”?
Often it is associated with the idea of making money. While money doesn’t grow on trees, it can grow when you save and invest wisely. In business investment is important for its creation and expansion; to the same extent individuals should invest in education because it shapes them to become a great citizen and enhance their perspective to build a better society.
In PSU your investment is free, that is made possible by Republic Act 10931 also known as The Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act.
The BSBA degree program offers three majors namely, Marketing Management, Financial Management and Human Resource Resources Management. We also have been awarded with Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC), following the CHED Memorandum Order No. 17 Series of 2017 which sets the standards in offering the BS Business Administration program. In addition, the program was also awarded with Level II accreditation by the AACCUP last 2018.
We at the Business Administration Program are greatly passionate about your success. Keep in mind you are a bundle of limitless possibilities, each day comes with opportunities to bring out the best in you.
Be Smart, Be Active.
The Business Administration program utilizes an integrated approach to study the interrelationships among the different functional areas of business and examine how the effective orchestration of these different components of business operations can lead to organizational success. At the end of the program, students are expected to appreciate the economic, social, technological as well as legal environments within which all businesses must operate, and possess the basic business knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to effectively lead an organization and achieve the desired results.
It is an interdisciplinary and problem-focused program comprising three integrated elements: core business and management education courses, business administration core and major courses. Each major consists of courses designed to develop the critical thinking and analytical information/communication technology skills, human relation, communication, quantitative and computer skills needed by the graduates to successfully serve as leaders in business organizations. The program also addresses contemporary organizational issues such as global competition, continuous quality improvement, good governance, and the relationship between organizations and various environmental forces which are key components of a global economy.
A distinctive feature of the program is that the majority of upper-level courses include a practical project component, offering the opportunity to apply the problem-solving theories and concepts learned in the classroom to real situations. Extensive opportunities are available for students to meet business professionals and gain practical experience.
Maridith Kristine C. Castillo, MBA
Roseanne Jane C. Agustine, DBA
Coordinator, Extension Services
Leonardo V. Basilio JR., MBA
Ghana L. Cahatol, DBA
Shiela Marie G. Malicdem
University Documents Control Custodian
Gudelia M. Samson, DPA
Dea, College of Arts Sciences and Technology
Nerinessa B. Santiago, DBA
maddela rose r. sapitula, mba
Timothy Joshua M. Ventatyen, MBA
The BSBA major in Marketing Management program is designed to prepare students for the following professions/career/occupation:
- Management Trainee in Marketing
- Marketing Assistant
- Account Executive
- Merchandising Assistant
- PR/Advertising Assistant
- Service Crew
- Customer Service Agent/Representative
- Junior Sales Trainer
- Product/Brand Assistant
- Order/Billing Assistant
Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILO)
- Demonstrate through institutional mechanisms, systems, policies, and processes which are reflective of transparency, equity, participatory decision making, and accountability.
- Engage in relevant, comprehensive, and sustainable development initiatives through multiple perspectives in decisions and actions that build personal and professional credibility and integrity.
- Set challenging goals and tasks with determination and sense of urgency which provide continuous improvement and producing quality outputs leading to inclusive growth.
- Exhibit life-long learning and global competency proficiency in communication skills, inter/interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial skills, innovative mindset, research and production initiatives and capability in meeting the industry requirements of local, ASEAN and international human capital market through relevant and comprehensive programs.
- Display, socially and environmentally responsive organizational culture, which ensures higher productivity among the university constituents and elevate the welfare of the multi-sectoral communities
- Practice spiritual values and morally upright behaviour which promote and inspire greater harmony to project a credible public image
Common to All Programs in All Types of School (CTS)
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice (PQF Level 6 Descriptor).
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using Mother Tongue, English and Filipino.
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams (PQF Level 6 Descriptor).
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility.
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722)
Common to the Discipline (CD)
- Perform the basic functions of management such as planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.
- Apply the basic concepts that underlie each of the functional areas of business (marketing, finance, human resources management, production and operations management, information technology, and strategic management) and employs these concepts in various business situations.
- Select the proper decision-making tools to critically, analytically and creatively solve problems and drive results.
- Express oneself clearly and communicate effectively with stakeholders both in oral and written forms.
- Apply information and communication technology (ICT) skills as required by the business environment.
- Work effectively with other stakeholders and manage conflict in the workplace.
- Plan and implement business related activities.
- Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility.
- Exercise high personal moral and ethical standards.
Specific to a Sub-Discipline and a Major (SM)
- Analyse the business environment for strategic direction.
- Prepare operational plans.
- Innovate business ideas based on emerging industry.
- Manage a strategic business unit for economic sustainability.
- Conduct business research.
Common to Graduates of a Horizontal Type of Institution as Defined in CMO 46, S 2012 (CHT)
- Demonstrate service orientation in their respective professions.
- Qualified for various types of employment and participate in development activities and public discourses, particularly in response to the needs of the communities they serve.
- Contribute to the generation of new knowledge by participating in various research and development projects.
The graduates of the Business Administration programs are expected to assume supervisory and/or managerial responsibilities within their organization, pursue graduate studies in business and management, and manage a business.
Interview of Freshmen 2022
For the bachelor’s degree in business administration with majors in financial management, marketing management, and human resource management, the CAST held a screening for each applicant who passed the Pangasinan State University admission test. The admission interview took place over the course of five days, from June 11 to June 15, 2022, at several locations, including the Dean’s Office, the BSBA Faculty Office, and the Extension Office, which was also staffed by BSBA faculty.
Brigada Unibersidad 2022
Brigada Unibersidad, a campus-wide cleanup campaign, was organized by the PSU Bayambang Campus last February 28 to March 7, 2022. Several departments, including the BSBA Department, took part in this activity. Together, faculty and a selected students clean and beautify the CAST Building in order to be ready for the limited face-to-face classes.
The aforementioned activity was handled appropriately and closely adheres to the IATF health protocol.
Business Administration Week 2021
Due to the pandemic, the Business Administration department’s annual BA WEEK celebration was held online with participation from BA faculty and BA students from November 29 to December 3.
On November 29, 2021, the first day of BA week, there was a talent show or contest in which all BA students took part in several categories. The singing competition was formerly known as the BAC clash Singing Contest, while the dance competition was known as the BAC movements Dance Contest.
On November 30, 2021, the second day of the celebration, a pageant or modeling competition called BA NEXT TOP MODEL FEMALE and MALE CATEGORY was held where we could observe the beauty and handsomeness of our BA students. Each participant dressed professional and informal dress that better showcased their grace and attractiveness.
On day three, December 1, 2021, a webinar was broadcast live on Facebook for instructors and students to view. The two webinars, “Let’s Talk: emotional and mental health awareness” and “Small business for absolute beginners- hands-on,” both featured great and professional guest presenters who gave clear explanations.
Fourth day on February 2, 2021 To coincide with the Business Administration course, a contest was held on this day. In this Caption this: advertising contest, where participants compete to create their own advertisements on a product of their choice, each student’s talent and intelligence will be evaluated based on their creativity.
December 3, 2021 is when the event will end. The exciting part will be the raffle draw, which everyone is looking forward to. This was broadcast live on Facebook so that everyone could see. It also made the announcement of the winners of each contest that had closed the day before, and it contains a consolation reward and a grand prize.