After successful completion of all academic requirements for the degree/program, graduates of BSEd should be able to practice the teaching profession in the Secondary Level.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Social Studies
- Demonstrate through institutional mechanisms, systems, policies, and processes which are reflective of transparency, equity, participatory decision making, and accountability.
- Engage in relevant, comprehensive, and sustainable development initiatives through multiple perspectives in decisions and actions that build personal and professional credibility and integrity.
- Set challenging goals and tasks with determination and sense of urgency which provide continuous improvement and producing quality outputs leading to inclusive growth.
- Exhibit life-long learning and global competency proficiency in communication skills, inter/interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial skills, innovative mindset, research and production initiatives and capability in meeting the industry requirements of local, ASEAN and international human capital market through relevant and comprehensive programs.
- Display, socially and environmentally responsive organizational culture, which ensures higher productivity among the university constituents and elevate the welfare of the multi-sectoral communities.
- Practice spiritual values and morally upright behaviour which promote and inspire greater harmony to project a credible public image.
The BSEd degree program aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content pedagogy for secondary education.
LIMITED FACE TO FACE ORIENTATION
As the University reopens for face-to-face classes, The Social Sciences Department conducted a Parents-Students Consultation/Orientation on Limited face-to-face classes for the 2nd Semester (2021-2022) held virtually via MS Teams last April 4, 2022.
The Social Sciences Department through the Social Science Organization initiated an outreach program for the students of Buenlag Elementary School, Bayambang, Pangasinan last December 16, 2021. The initiative was the result of the combined contribution of the faculty members, organization officials and Social Studies Majors.
The Social Sciences Department through the Social Science Organization conducted the traditional send-off event for the Graduating Class (Social Studies Majors) for the year 2022 with the theme “Testimonial Party 2k22: Journey Towards Wider Ends”. The event was held at PSU-BC Main Building last July 13, 2022.
In Celebration of the United Nations Month for the year 2021, the Social Sciences Department officiated the event with an Opening Program which was held last October 25, 2021 via Facebook live. With the theme “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World”, Mr. Noel Ed De Leon, International Installation Artist and an alumna of PSU LIS Elementary, served as the Guest of Honor and Speaker for the event.
One of the highlights of the event was the conduct of the Leadership Training held last October 26, 2021 via ZOOM Platform. Participants were all faculty members and students of the department. Mr. Jonathan Fermin, Dr. Allan Macaraeg, and Dr. Alfonso Dangat were invited as resource speakers.
In line with the celebration of United Nations 2021, the department also conducted various contests such as Poster-Making, Essay Writing, Flag-Making, Virtual Quiz Bowl, and the search of Mr. and Ms. United Nations for students as well as for Teaching and Non-Teaching category.
VIRTUAL ORIENTATION 2021
To welcome the 1st Year Social Studies Majors for the School Year 2021-2022, the Social Sciences Department held a Virtual Orientation Program last September 22, 2021 via MS Teams with the theme “Paghilom at Pag-usbong: Mga Susi ng Pagsulong sa Nagbabagong Panahon”.
VIRTUAL ORIENTATION 2020
As students start up their way into college in the NEW NORMAL, the Social Sciences department welcomed the freshmen Social Studies students through a Virtual Orientation/Welcome Program which was held last September 15, 2020 via Google Meet. The event was also streamed live through the Social Sciences Organization official Facebook page.